Saturday, May 13, 2006

This is the End, My Only Friend, the End. (Cue The Door's Sitar Music)

Well, it seems that our time at E3 has come to a glorious end. Even though there was less schwag this year, and thanks to the management - much less attendees this year; I still had an amazing time. The future of videogames looks bright and fun as hell.

I couldn't stop playing the PS2 game, Yakuza. This game is called Ryu Ga Gotoku in Japan, and has been very popular among import game lovers. Thankfully it is coming to the US, but with the Japanese dialog replaced with English....Grrrrrrr. In this game you are a Yakuza member that has just come out of jail, serving a sentence for a crime that was necessary to save his friend and the woman he loves. The fighting, gambling, and even hostess clubbing of Yakuza life are all included. This game was a lot more fun than any of the GTA games in my opinion. Sadly, this is the game that Shenmue was supposed to be!

I didn't take many pics today. To be honest, this is the only one worth sharing. These two cosplayers are actually sisters. My friend Danny had met the one dressed as Link at the San Diego Comic Con a year ago. At the time he had noticed that her shield and sword were made of real metal. She told him that her father had fabricated the weapons for her himself. We were all blown away by the costumes that they were wearing, and yes they made those themselves too. That is what I call one talented family!


Wii Have Become Geek Celebrities!
Okay, remember how I told you all about the hellish wait in line to enter Nintendo's encapsulated fortress of solitude (also known as their booth)? Well, while we were standing in line some industrious attendees decided to film the entire length of the line. It is stunning, because it makes you appreciate how long of a line it was. Seriously, it must have broken some E3 record. I have made a few screen grabs of us, and included the videos along with the times where we appear in the videos. After doing so I really feel like a jerk for ever complaining about how long we had to wait. Just look at those poor bastards behing us!

Here are the pics:
Pictured as found: Javier, Ivan's brother, Jay, Daniel, Dora, Mehrdad.
Not Pictured: Ivan, Kim, or The Gunman on the Grassy Knoll.


Dorks the original formula, Now with added Ivan and Kim! Same great taste, no extra calories. By the way, what the hell is Danny doing on his knees?! He looks like a midget next to Dora.

Here are the videos, and where you can find us in them:

The line for Wii at E3 2006: 42 seconds in.


E3 2006 The Nintendo Wii Line: 1:01 minutes in.


E3 2006- The Wii Line (feat. the Wii Dance): 1:29 minutes in.


E3 2006 Nintendo Wii Cue Line: 24 seconds in.


Thanks to YouTube and all the videographers for compiling and posting the above videos.
This next video is from www.thatvideosite.com. We are 14 seconds in.

Alright, that's all I have energy for. I desperately need to sleep. I'm just scared that I may dream of L.A. traffic or having to stand in line for a keychain. Either way, I hope you all enjoyed the blog and hope it helped you all understand this monster we like to call E3. Hopefully, I will get the opportunity to do it again for you in the future. Until then, take care. :)

Addendum: Jay noted that I forgot to add Joe Rogan as a "celebrity sighting" yesterday. This was mostly due to the fact that I only saw him for a second, when he walked out of a men's bathroom as I was walking in. The world may now rest easy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home