Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Epilogue to E3 2009 - We're Famous!....Almost...

(Scroll down to the second pic)
http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2009/06/gallery_e3_tuesday/6/

On the first day of E3, Jay and I decided to play a game of Lego Rock Band, in order to get a cool Lego lanyard. Jay played guitar, and I played bass. There was a blonde guy in a pony tail standing next to me who obviously wanted to sing, but something was holding him back. We already had picked up a drummer, and if we didn't find a singer, then it would be my duty to sing! Argh! I talked the guy next to me into singing for us. He hemmed and hawed, until he noticed that one of the songs available to us was Europe's, The Final Countdown! He stated that the only way he would sing was if we played that song. Little did he know that I was more than willing to comply with his wishes. We played the song perfectly (Jay and I had to play it on the Easy setting), but this guy was something else. He was belting out this song like the true power ballad that it is. Our playing was so good that it caught the attention of a reporter from Wired.com. After we were done, Jay and I were walking away, and the reporter caught up to us and did an impromptu interview on the spot. He told us that our picture would appear on Wired.com, in the near future. I checked Wired's site daily to no avail, until last night. Here it is in all its glory. Scroll down to the second picture. Sadly, they misspelled my first name. Even sadder is how they forgot Jay's name altogether! Oh well, at least his picture is immortalized forever. What a great ending to wondeful E3!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home